» » Indiana Bill of Sale Forms

Indiana Bill of Sale Forms

Create a high quality document online now!

The Indiana Bill of Sale Forms are legal documents that are implemented between seller and buyer as a way to provide evidence of a sale that has occurred. These forms will also prove change of ownership. Some of the forms will require notarization. If the form has to be notarized, do not provide signature until all signing parties are before a notary public.


Vessel Bill of Sale – Used to provide proof of purchase and to prove change of ownership of a vessel/boat

General Bill of Sale – This form is usually used between two private parties to prove the sale of personal property

Firearm Bill of Sale – This document is used to sell, purchase and transfer ownership between a firearms dealer and individual or private parties

Vehicle Bill of Sale – to be used to prove the sale and change of ownership of a motor vehicle

Indiana Vessel Registration Forms

  • Title to the vessel
  • A bill of sale
  • Watercraft inspection document –  This document must be completed by a dealer who is approved to do an inspection on a watercraft, a military policeman assigned to a military post in Indiana, or a designated employee of the BMV
  • One original side view (one you’ve taken yourself, not from a magazine or online dealer picture), color photograph of the entire watercraft
  • Download the HIN Packet, complete it, print and submit it when you register for your Hull ID Number
  • Download and complete the Application for Special Identification Number Form, print and add to your needed documentation
  • Go to the BMV prepared to pay all registration and processing fees.

 Indiana Vehicle Registration Forms

  • title information
  • your Indiana driver’s license
  • your proof of auto insurance
  • payment for your registration fee.

After 45 days, you must go in person to a IN BMV location and provide the following:

  • Your driver’s license
  • the original title with the seller’s signature
  • if you’ve not yet titled the vehicle in your name, you will need additional paperwork for titling such as:
  • A lease or mortgage contract to prove your residency
  • completed Application for Certificate of Title (Form 44049).
  • a bill of sale
  • Odometer disclosure statement
  • If you are making payments on the vehicle, present the contract, proving your agreement
  • If there are liens on the vehicle, you must provide lien releases
  • Proof of Indiana auto insurance