Oregon Bill of Sale Forms

Create a high quality document online now!

Oregon bill of sale forms are legal documents in the State of Oregon that provide proof of an item being sold and purchased. As well, information will be provided with regard to the seller and buyer, in some cases, disclosures of defects, and specific identifiers for any item(s) being sold and purchased. Some documents may be required for basic registration and may require notarization to prove the authenticity of the information being provided.

Types (4)

Boat Bill of Sale – This document will prove the legal sale and purchase of a vessel.

Download: Adobe PDF




Firearm Bill of Sale -This document will provide information with regard to the proof of a legal sale and purchase of a firearm

Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)Open Document Text (.odt)




General Bill of Sale – Is most generally utilized between two private parties for the sale and purchase of private or personal property

Download: Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (.docx)Open Document Text (.odt)



Vehicle Bill of Sale – Will be used to prove a legal sale and purchase of a motor vehicle in Oregon. This form may be required for registration

Download: Adobe PDF



Oregon Vessel Registration Forms

  • A bill of sale
  • A completed Application for Boat Title and/or Registration (Form 250-R07)
  • If the vessel is new, you will need a Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO)
  • If the boat has been registered previously, the seller must sign and date the “release of interest line” on the Oregon Certificate of Title
  • If you’re a new resident, submit your title
  • Be prepared to pay the registration
  • Fees
  • Title transfer:$50
  • New boat of out of state transfer: $50
  • Registration fees are calculated at $3 per foot of the center length of the boat, bow to stern, rounded up to the nearest foot.
  • All boat owners, when registering, must also pay a $5 Aquatic Invasive Species surcharge

Oregon Firearm Registration Forms

  • You must be a U.S. citizen or a legal alien who would have the ability to document continuous residency in the United States for at least six months and has declared, in writing, to the Immigration Naturalization Service, your intention to acquire citizenship (Form N300).
  • You must be at least 21 years of age and have the ability to provide proof by way of state identification
  • You may have no legal condition that would prohibit you from possessing a firearm under State or Federal law.
  • You may have no outstanding warrants for your arrest.
  • You may not have been dishonorably discharged from any of the Armed Services branches
  • You may not be an unlawful user (documented or known) of or addicted to, a controlled substance.
  • You may not be on any form of pre-trial release of any kind
  • You  may not be required to register as a sex offender in any state in the United States
  • You may not have been convicted of any misdemeanor or found guilty of a misdemeanor within four years prior to application of a firearm, except under ORS 161.295
  • You may in no way be subject to any citation issued under ORS 163.735 or an order issued under ORS 30.866, 107.700 to 107.723 or 163.738 ie: stalking or any restraining Orders
  •  You must demonstrate competence with a handgun by any one of the following means:
  • Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife or any similar agency of a state if handgun safety was a required component of the course
  • Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training
  • Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class. It must be available to the general public. The course may be offered by law enforcement, community college, or private or public institution or organization, or firearms training schools.
  • Instructors must be certified by the National Rifle Association or any law enforcement agency especially if handgun safety was a required  component of the course
  • Proof of identification
  • Be prepared to pay all licensing fees

Oregon Vehicle Registration Forms

  • You must complete an Application for Title and Registration (Form 735-226). It is possible to complete this form online or you may print it off and take it with you to your local DMV location
  • A bill of sale
  • Identification/Driver’s license
  • If you are registering a new vehicle on your own you will require a Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MSO)
  • If you have a lien on your vehicle, you must acquire a lien release from the former owner or dealer before your vehicle may be registered
  • Vehicle models that are from the year 2009 and newer must prove compliance with the low emissions vehicle requirements for the state
  • If applicable, you will need to present a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) inspection
  • You must submit an Odometer Reading statement either on the back of the title or on the application. You will also have the same availability on the notarized bill of sale
  • Be prepared to pay all licensing, titling, and registration fees at the time of registration
  • Your license plates will be made available to you at the time of registration once all information is submitted and verified