Alabama Quit Claim Deed Form

Create a high quality document online now!

An Alabama quitclaim deed is a document that transfers ownership with relation to the interest in property from one party to another. The Grantor, or Seller, will be the party that is giving their ownership interest and the Grantee, or Buyer, will be the party that is paying or trading for said interest.

The most common use for a quit claim deed is during a divorce when the ownership is being transferred to real estate or for any type of arrangement where it is known that the Grantor owns the real estate. This is due to the fact that a quit claim deed does not guarantee that the Grantor owns the property.

Laws§ 35-4-271 – Due to deeds with warranties a quitclaim cannot use any of the terms “grant,” “bargain,” or “sell” and should use “hereby quitclaim and convey” or other similar language.

Real Estate Sales Validation (Form RT-1) (§ 40-22-1) – A quitclaim deed is required to have this form completed when submitting to the Probate Judge’s Office.

Recording (§ 35-4-50) – A quit claim deed should be filed in the office of the County Probate Judge along with any required fees.

Signing (§ 35-4-20) – All quit claim deeds are to be signed with a notary public present or with two (2) witnesses.