» » Kansas Bill of Sale Forms

Kansas Bill of Sale Forms

Create a high quality document online now!

The Kansas Bill of Sale Forms are legal documents that provide proof that a legal sale and purchase of various vehicles and or items have been executed. The forms will provide the necessary information required by the state of Kansas not only for proof of sale but in some instances will be required for registration. Some forms require notarization. Do not provide signatures on those forms prior to having all signatories present before a notary public.


Boat Bill of Sale – For the use of proving the legal sale and any disclosures as well as change of ownership, of a vessel.

Firearm Bill of Sale – To be used to prove the legal purchase and change of ownership of a firearm.

General Bill of Sale – Usually employed by private parties in the sale of personal items.

Vehicle Bill of Sale – Used to provide evidence that a vehicle has been legally purchased and is changing ownership. This document will be needed in the registration process.

Kansas Watercraft Registration Forms

  • You will need a completed Application for Certificate of Number Kansas Boating Act
  • If you’ve purchased your boat/vessel from a dealership in the state you are required to provide a sales tax receipt or STD 8 tax form.
  • If you’ve purchased or acquired the vessel from a private party, you will need to provide a bill of sale or registered owner’s certificate that has been marked as sold
  • Purchased from an out-of-state dealer again you will be required to show proof of ownership by presenting a bill of sale that will indicate that the sales tax paid. If you have not paid the tax, you may pay your taxes at a county treasurer’s office and provide the receipt with the rest of your documentation
  • Proof of boat insurance
  • Photo ID (State Driver’s License or State ID Card)

Kansas Vehicle Registration Forms

  • A vehicle title that has been legally signed into your name
  • A bill of sale
  • If the vehicle has been purchased outside of the state, you will need to have an inspection performed and present a passing Motor Vehicle Examination Certificate (Form MVE-1)
  • A completed Kansas Title and Registration Manual Application
  • A driver’s license identification
  • You must be prepared to pay all registration fees at the time of registration