The Virginia Bill of Sale Forms are legal documents that proves the legal sale and purchase of various items. The forms will provide information with regard to the seller, buyer,, change of ownership and identifiable information regarding item(s) to be sold. Some forms may require notarization.
Boat Bill of Sale – This document is used to prove the sale and purchase of a vessel/boat in the state of Virginia.
Firearm Bill of Sale – This document would be used for the purpose of proving a legal sale and purchase of a firearm has been transacted in the state of Virginia.
General Bill of Sale – This form is usually used between parties to prove the sale and purchase of personal property.
Vehicle Bill of Sale -Use this document to prove the legal sale and purchase of a motor vehicle in the state of Virginia.
Virginia Boat Registration Forms
- You must complete an Application for Watercraft Certificate of Title and Certificate of Number (Registration)
- If you’re registering a boat for the first time you will need a Original Manufacturer’s or Importer’s Certificate of Origin (the dealer must complete the first section for you)
- A bill of sale
- Receipts showing paid taxes
Virginia Firearm Registration Forms
- State Photo ID/Driver’s license
- Social Security card
- A utility bill, voter’s registration, current passport or anything bearing your name and the same address that is displayed on your ID
- You will be asked to sign a background check consent form at the point of registration
- Be prepared to pay a fee for the background check between 2.00 and 5.00
- The dealer will do an instant background check while you wait. If they don’t have to access the internet, they will contact NICS directly and have the investigation done through a federal system. If everything checks well, you will be able to begin the purchase of your firearm. If anything is questionable, you will be required to wait 10 for further investigation
Virginia Vehicle Registration Forms
- A title signed over to you
- A bill of sale
- Photo ID
- Proof of residency that matches your ID
- Proof of insurance
- Inspection Certificate
- Be prepared to pay all titling and/or registration fees