The Texas Bill of Sale Forms legal documents that will prove the legal sale and purchase of items between businesses and individuals or private parties. These forms will provide important information with regard to the buyer and seller, change of ownership and any specific identifying information regarding the item(s) being sold. Some forms may require notarization.
Boat Bill of Sale – Use this document to prove the legal sale and purchase of a vessel. May also be required for registration by the new owner.
General Bill of Sale – This form would be used, generally, between two private parties to prove sale and purchase of personal property.
Firearm Bill of Sale – This document would be utilized in the sale and purchase of a firearm in the state of Texas.
Vehicle Bill of Sale – Use of this document would prove the legal sale and purchase of a motor vehicle in Texas. This document is often used in the registration process.
Texas Vessel Registration Forms
For a new vessel/boat –
- You will require a bill of sale
- A completed Vessel/Boat Application (Form PWD 143)
- Payment by check or money order for your registration fees
For a used vessel/boat –
- You will require a completed Vessel/Boat Application (Form PWD 143)
- Verification of Vessel or Outboard Motor Serial Number (Form PWD 504) will be required
- A bill of sale
- An Affidavit of Fact (Form PWD 314) will also be required
- And be prepared to pay the fees required to register your vessel/boat
Texas Firearm Registration Forms
- Require any background check prior to the transfer of any firearm between unlicensed parties
- Require any firearms dealer to acquire a state license
- Limit the number of firearms that may be purchased at one time by anyone
- Regulate what would otherwise be considered unsafe handguns ie: junk guns and/or Saturday night specials
- Take any action to significantly regulate firearm ammunition
- Allow any local governments or government agencies to regulate firearms nor will the state give any local law enforcement discretion to deny handgun permits
- Regulate the transfer or possession of any assault weapons whether they are 50 caliber rifles, or any other large capacity ammunition magazines
Texas Vehicle Registration Forms
- A completed Application for Texas Certificate of Title (Form 130-U)
- A bill of sale
- Form VTR-346 – Must be sent within 30 days to TxDMV Vehicle Titles and Registration Division, PO Box 26417, Austin, TX 78755-0417 after the sale.
- A certificate of vehicle inspection
- Proof of auto insurance
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, you must have a completed Application for Registration Purposes Only (Form VTR-272)
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Be prepared to pay all registration fees