The Wisconsin Bill of Sale Forms are legal documents that will prove the sale and purchase of various items in the state of Wisconsin. These documents will provide information regarding the buyer and seller, as well, will provide important information regarding the change of ownership and identifiable information pertaining to the item(s) being sold. Some documents will require notarization.
Boat Bill of Sale – This form will prove that a boat/vessel, has been legally sold and purchased and will show change of ownership.
General Bill of Sale – Use this form between private parties for the sale and purchase of personal property.
Gun Bill of Sale – This document will be use to prove the legal sale, purchase and change of ownership of a firearm in the state of Wisconsin.
Vehicle Bill of Sale – Use this document to prove the legal sale and purchase of a motor vehicle. This form is likely to be used as part of the titling and registration process.
Wisconsin Boat Registration Forms
- You will require a completed a Boat Registration and Titling Application (Form 9400-193). Photocopy the application before mailing. This will serve as your temporary registration until your new one arrives in the mail
- Mail application with all applicable fees to the address on the application. Or, if you prefer, drop off the application and payment of fees (located on the Boat Registration form, at any DNR office.
Wisconsin Vehicle Registration Forms
- You will require a completed Title/License Plate Application (Form MV1)
- A bill of sale
- Driver’s license or any other photo ID
- You must provide a receipt for proof of sales tax paid to your prior state (if applicable)
- Be prepared to provide payment for registration, title fees, along with any applicable municipal or county wheel tax . You will not be re-charged when you apply for a WI title
- Proof of auto insurance
- There is a fee schedule located on the Title/License Plate Application (Form MV1) to assist you in proper calculation of fees.